December 2, 2008

t-day

Ok, so I’m a little late in writing about Thanksgiving, seeing as every store is fully festooned with Christmas bows and fake greenery and December has officially begun. But hey, it was late this year, and I’m still recuperating from the delicious glut of home-cooked goodies. (Bathroom scale, thou art my current and most loathed enemy!)

I’ll keep it simple in homage to the place we celebrated, because Noonday is a wonderfully simple sort of place, a place where lots of flowery adjectives just don’t seem right. So I’ll let the food speak for itself, and, in a couple days, I'll share two family recipes that are none of my doing but still publication-worthy. The following was our stupendous menu:

* Greenberg Turkey
* Cornbread Dressin’
* Giblet Gravy
* Baked Macaroni and Cheese
* Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
* Artichoke Casserole
* Green Beans
* Cranberry Sauce (both tart and sweet)
* Sweet Potatoes, au naturel

P.S. Doesn't my Daddy Tom have great hands?? (see above)

No comments: